We are all experiencing a pandemic (also known as a disaster) together, and it is very common for sleep habits to change or get interrupted during this time. If you’re not able to sleep or you feel like you need more sleep, you’re not alone.
Getting good sleep is one of the most important things we can do to deal with disaster stress.
Here are five tips for Sleep Hygiene:
- Be as consistent as possible with your sleep patterns
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, relaxing, dark, and at a comfortable temperature.
- Remove your electronic devices from the bedroom
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Get some exercise each day
Try some of these tips to see if you can get some better sleep and check out this video to learn more about how to get better sleep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1m1A7WpNyU&t=8s!
Still can’t sleep? Need more support?
Try calling us at Show Me Hope for crisis counseling and mental health support- it’s free and anonymous. We’re here to listen.
Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990
Tri-County Mental Health: 816-468-0400